Thursday, June 26, 2008

Anything + Whatever = 2 x ?









I have finally found some time to start my blogging here in APOMM. Really busy ever since I landed on Sunday. Haha. Well, I do blog at my personal one every day to mark down my daily movements and activities.

Sorta like a diary for me so that one day I can look back at what I have done in my many years of life. But blogging here is very different. A Piece of My Mind will remain professional with reviews on interesting subject matters, political comments and analysis of everything that is worth our time.

Before I proceed further, thank you to Bakaq for letting me know 2 - 3 weeks ago about the rumoured meeting of Nasharuddin and a UMNO leader about PAS - UMNO relationships and the future of the two party. I believe it was Najib? Anyway, thank you. I appreciate it and your articles are interesting. Blog readers can visit Penarik Beca to read about his ideas and news.

Let me start my blogging time with something light. The topic of discussion here is Anything and Whatever. It is an interesting concept by a Singaporean firm, Out of the Box Pte Ltd. I am sure many are unaware of this drink.

Personally, the words "anything" and "whatever" brings about memories of my sweet days. Haha. I hope the drinks are as good although I got no idea what flavors I have bought !!

Now, seriously. The equation of my blog title holds. According to the "Law of Out of the Box Pte Ltd", created by me actually, haha,

ANYTHING + WHATEVER = 2 x ?

s.t.

ANYTHING = CARBONATED DRINK,
WHATEVER = NON - CARBONATED, DRINK
? = CONFUSION (or curiosity)


Now, I have blogged about it before but none of my readers responded to it. Haha. So I decided to check it out myself when mom wanted to go to Jusco to get some grocery. I bought 4 cans, 2 Anything and 2 Whatever. Each can costs RM 1.60 . Kinda expensive.

Anything and Whatever drinks are so unique that you wont know the flavour till you open the can. Each Anything and Whatever drink has their own line of flavor. Some rumours went on saying that we can actually identify the flavor by looking at the ingredients.

I am currently having a Anything can in front of me. The ingredients section says Carbonated Water, Sugar, Permitted Flavouring, Permitted Colouring, Preservative. The segmented information has something written there as Apple, Cola, Orange and Root Beer. I think this tells me the Anything drinks have these 4 flavours but you wont know which one you are getting. Absolutely no hint of what I am about to drink !!

Okay let us move on to Whatever. According to the ingredients section, the contents are Water, Sugar, Fruit Juice Concentrate, Tea Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Permitted Flavouring. At the segemented section, there are information written as Ice Lemon Tea, Apple Tea, Jasmine Green Tea, White Grape Tea, Peach Tea and Chrysanthemum Tea. Here, I believe the 6 flavours belong to the Whatever production line. Again, I got no idea what is inside this can of drink !!

Interesting ... I am confused. Haha. Nevertheless, I will drink it soon and give you a review of the 4 cans I have at home now.

Okay lets see. I am thirsty now and I shall open a can of Anything..... I got some ice in my cup. And when I took a sip just now .... aww ... it is apple. Haha. It doesnt taste too good. But one thing I can be sure. It is not that sweet. Hmm. Perhaps some health conscious people who loves carbonated drinks can consider this.

I will try the can of Whatever I have in front of me over dinner later.

No comments: