This is worth your time. Just compare the two lines below, extracted from the statement.
1. "...., as the principal funders of Penang Institute, the state government expects loyalty."
2. "I had contrasted the Penang state government’s liberal position with the Federal government which would act against and punish those who dare to dissent publicly."
I didn't know 2+3 and 10-5 will produce different answers. Did Guan Eng just shoot himself in the foot again?
So, can Guan Eng guarantee that the State Government, or he himself, will not act against and punish those who dare to dissent against DAP, Pakatan Harapan and the State Government openly?
Does this mean that Penang Institute can openly criticise or express different opinion than that of the State Government and DAP now with blanket immunity?
I am quite sure you are confused about your political gender. You can't behave like an Opposition member and a Government leader at the same time.
I don't think you are drowning your sorrows with alcohol, Guan Eng.
Which leads me to wonder why you said these especially when Penang Institute is filled with DAP leaders. Netizens, yes, Penang Institute is a DAP State Government funded think tank, with DAP leaders in it. You join the dots and do the math.
The leaders who are in Penang Institute include:
- DAP MP Bukit Mertajam - Steven Sim Chee Keong as Director
- Chief Minister, DAP ADUN Air Puteh, MP Bagan - Lim Guan Eng as Director
- Deputy Chief Minister, DAP ADUN Perai - P Ramasamy as Director
- DAP MP Kluang - Liew Chin Tong as Director
- DAP MP Bukit Bendera - Zairil Khir Johari as Executive Director
- DAP MP Serdang, Ong Kian Ming as General Manager of Penang Institute (KL office - yes Penang issues but office in Kuala Lumpur, don't ask me why)
... and so on but the rest are small potatoes, if any.
And netizens, yes, all of the above are DAP politicians in Penang Institute, a think tank funded by Penang State Government which Guan Eng expects loyalty and advised against "biting the hand that feeds you".