Soon, in the 2nd week of October, the Parliament will convene for their regular and scheduled sessions.
Pak Lah declined Anwar's request for a Emergency Parliamentary meeting on 23rd September (today) to have a no confidence vote against Pak Lah.
This meeting, if approved, could see Pak Lah removed from his PM-ship but according to the Constitution and laws, the party that holds the majority in Parliament will nominate a candidate to the Yang Di Pertuan Agong and advise Yang Di Pertuan Agong to appoint their candidate choice to be the new Prime MInister of Malaysia.
If 23rd September was approved and today we really witness Pak Lah being removed (if and only if), it will not guarantee Pakatan Rakyat the golden passage to Putrajaya and Anwar to Seri Perdana. Instead, Barisan Nasional will have their own candidate elected as PM of Malaysia.
DAP asked for 929. Remember that we had 916 and now 923 can be kissed goodbye already. DAP proposed a 929. 29th September 2008. Yet, a motion of no confidence against Pak Lah that will not guarantee Anwar and Pakatan Rakyat the Federal Government.
Anwar knows he cannot get the motion of no confidence vote against Pak Lah. Not even during the scheduled Parliament session. The Speaker has the right to determine what motion will be tabled in Parliament.
Pakatan Rakyat needs to file it with the Speaker's chambers as soon as possible if they want a motion of no confidence vote.
If Pakatan Rakyat knows that the Speaker's chambers might not approve the motion to be tabled, then why wait and keep pressuring for the motion?
Pakatan Rakyat, as claimed by Anwar and several leaders that they have the numbers already. Why not make a crossover and be the majority party?
Enough is enough of this sandiwara. Throwing the ball in the court of BN and the Speaker's chambers will not work. They won't play the ball game with you, Anwar.
Show us the list of 31MPs that Anwar claimed was "growing by the hour". Datin Seri Wan Azizah was the latest top gun of PR to join the drama.
Some PAS leaders claimed to have shown the list to their Committee members. In fact, I have a few questions. Perhaps some lawyers can help answer them?
1. If Anwar faces uncertainty to get the motion of no confidence to Parliamentary sessions, then why not make the crossovers happen? The party that holds the majority will have the right to nominate to the King their candidate choice to be PM.
2. What happened to the crossovers? This term was sensationalized and by now the words of "Emergency Parliament Session" and "Vote of No Confidence" seems more popular.
3. What will a vote of no confidence do for Anwar and Pakatan Rakyat? BN still has the numbers and will nominate their choice to the King to be installed as the new PM, if Pak Lah is voted out in Parliament.
4. Why is DAP asking for 929 when Anwar asked for 923? Why is YB M Kula saying that he is against crossovers but YB Lim Kit Siang is very supportive of Anwar's "efforts" to fish MPs over? A clash of opinions within the party?
5. Why did Tian Chua say there are intermediary talks between Pakatan Rakyat and Pak Lah's camp while Anwar said he is not aware of such things?
I call upon all the bloggers to unite. Put a count up widget (not a countdown). There were many who had countdowns to the so called "new Government". The countdown was for the September 16th "new Government".
Why not try something new? Let us have a count up. A count up of the day since September 16th. Forget about 923 and 929.
Those dates are clearly rubbish and ridiculous. On September 15th, Anwar was still confident of 916 and claimed he will announce the list and the takeover will happen.
916 came and left like any other day.
Bloggers, let us have a count up. Many are still waiting for Anwar to deliver his reforms, his economic management, his leadership and all his election promises.
Let us all tell Anwar. Do it quick !
I am still waiting, Datuk Seri Anwar. 7 days have passed. I will let the widget continue ticking till the day crossovers occur and you have the majority of MPs in your party.
Or ... you have nothing, Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim? If you have nothing, why drag the credibility and ratings of the most formidable Opposition ever formed along with you to sing the tune of "916, crossovers, new Government" ?
I can only wonder and ponder.