Wednesday, September 24, 2008

7 Days Have Passed


Tian Chua, information chief of Anwar's PKR, said there had been several meetings since the weekend between "our middleperson and Abdullah's middleperson".

"Our intention in holding them is for a transition of power to the opposition but I cannot speak for the other side," he told AFP. "So far it looks good and we will wait to see what happens."


Sept 23, 2008

PKR information chief Tian Chua said in Ipoh that Pakatan hoped to resolve some technical issues before Oct 1.

“We don’t want to give up our stability as the price for the transition,” he told reporters after atten­ding a PKR people’s forum on Sunday night.

“I am very confident. We hope the change of government will happen before Hari Raya.”




Anwar drops deadline for Govt takeover
Sept 24, 2008

“It is not an issue of deadlines anymore. Who could have anticipated that the Prime Minister would refuse to hold an emergency Parliament session when we already have the numbers?”


Sept 24, 2008

"I appeal to Malaysian citizens, particularly those who want to see a change, to understand this and be a bit more patient because we do not want to transgress the constitution, rules and procedures," he told a press conference.

"It will take a lot of patience, a lot of resolve, to try and unravel this complex web controlled by a few cronies," he said.


Sept 24, 2008

"I'm not aware of any negotiations taking place between Pakatan Rakyat and the prime minister - statements made yesterday suggesting that a line of communication was open were misinformed," said the opposition leader in a statement.

Asked on the same issue later today, Anwar added: "No, not that I'm aware of… he (Tian) may have a privy to other information but as far as I'm concern what the PM said was right."Very rarely do I agree with Abdullah Badawi."
_____________________________________________________________

A PIECE OF MY MIND

Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim, I have never criticised the Opposition so harshly ever since you became the Opposition leader of Pakatan Rakyat.

When Datuk Fadzil Noor was the Chief, I had full respect for him. When Lim Kit Siang was chief, I respected him.

In fact, I met M Kulasegaran in Ipoh and I told him, "YB, you have my support". Although I dont see YB Kula making rounds in normal days like he does during Elections, but I watch videos of Parliamentary proceedings.

He has my support because he is a good Parliamentarian, in terms of speech, substance and quality.

Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim, today will be the day I make a count since Sept 16th,

1. the date you promised the rakyat who voted for you in Permatang Pauh that you will form a Government.

2. the date you promised to the 20000 or so people at the Kelana Jaya stadium on 15th September that you have the numbers and will takeover the Government.

3. the date which you set and manipulated the message of the people that was clear in March 2008. 5 Pakatan Rakyat States as a test for PR to deliver their promises and perform and BN gets to keep 8 States as well as the Federal Government.

That was an indicator, not for Datuk Seri to be PM, PR to takeover or for Datuk Seri to create all these uncertainties till even the USD 1 trillion fund managers you talked to will not invest in Malaysia.

Sept 16th came and passed. Today is Sept 23rd. Let me put a note at my blog sidebar. 7 hari berlalu, janji tidak dikota. You can be sure.

I will count it day after day till the day, you really takeover. Then, I will "tarik balik" everything.

No comments: