Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Comments

I was told by a reader about a recent press conference that Tun said he will migrate if Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim becomes the PM. Yes, I have to say I knew what Tun said recently. In fact, blogger Bakaq wrote it here.

But to think rationally, is Tun really making exit plans? I am pretty sure Japan will accept Tun Dr Mahathir with open arms. Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim might be well liked in United States but Tun Dr Mahathir is also a very famous leader in Japan.

When I was in Japan for studies, my host family told me how much the Japanese respect Dr Mahathir and appreciated his leadership for not only Malaysia but Asia and the Third World. Is Tun going to Japan?

I doubt Dr Mahathir has filed any application for PR in another country or seeking political asylum be it in Japan or Arab. Thus, I am sure Dr Mahathir is not making any exit plans at all.

Also note that Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim brought up a lot of names but not yet on Dr Mahathir. Someone raised the question of whether Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim is making a comeback for reforms or for revenge? If it is revenge, I am sure Dr Mahathir will be on top of his list.

By making links, I can say that Dr Mahathir did not retire without bullets, guns and a bullet proof vest. I am certain Dr Mahathir is more than ready to take on anyone who dares to attack him. There are of course certain cases where Tun Dr Mahathir cannot defend himself because the evidences for him to do so might be protected by the Official Secrets Act.

With regards to a point raised by a reader on September 16th (Malaysia Day) being a sacred day also besides 31st of August, I do agree that it should be a date worthy of a recognition as high as the Independence Day.

Thank you all for your comments.


Sincerely,
Wei Liang

No comments: