Tuesday, October 07, 2008

MCA is NOT A PENUMPANG !

I read with great disappointment an article in Malaysiakini by Foong Wai Fong. It can be accessed at http://www.malaysiakini.com/news/90772. The title of this article is MCA a 'penumpang' in BN

I don’t know you and you don’t know me Foong. However, today I stand to defend MCA. I can assure you and every reader of APOMM that I am not a party member of MCA and neither do I support MCA.

I can assure you that I will never be in Parti Keadilan Rakyat for as long as Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim is the leader. I will never be in the camp of Pakatan Rakyat, for as long as Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim.

I do not rule out joining any other political parties including DAP, MCA, and Gerakan but whichever political party I will be affiliated to does not matter now.


It irritates me to see people slamming MCA and calling MCA a eunuch over the months. Now, labeling MCA as a “penumpang”?

Imagine this. If MCA takes up their shaolin swords and fight with UMNO for every single thing, do you think Malaysia will be as peaceful as it is now?

The MCA-UMNO relationship harps on unity. The approach of MCA in tackling matters related to the Chinese community contains elements of peace. Perhaps MCA can come out on TV and tell those who criticize them a very meaningful phrase that I caught on TV.

I’m trying to find a way to make peace and when I do, you can go on TV and explain why you’re against it.


The same message goes for those politicians who go against the spirit of unity of all races in Malaysia be it Chinese, Malay or Indian.

We all admit that there are a few individuals in UMNO and also MCA who make racist statements. These individuals who made the comments do not speak for the party. Their words have never been a representation of the Parties’ stand and philosophy.

If you say MCA is a penumpang, then what about DAP in Pakatan Rakyat? DAP’s credibility has fallen below the acceptable level.

Singing the tune of September 16 together with a power crazy Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim, what is DAP? A parrot or a peacock?

Where is the full transparency of the MP crossovers? Are “crossovers” democratic and a representation of the people’s voice or choice?

Do not forget, DAP. The people of Batu Gajah and I dare say many people in Ipoh were angry with DAP’s actions in messing with YB Fong Po Kuan.

YB Fong is well respected in Perak and the Parliament of Malaysia because she serves her constituency with flying colors. YB Fong has respect and the votes of the Malay and Muslim community also given that she is a graduate from Universiti Islam Antarabangsa, UIA.

What about PAS in Pakatan Rakyat? Where do they stand? PAS was once a major political force in Malaysia. Now, in Pakatan Rakyat, PAS is nothing but a decoration.

Their challenges for a nation with Islamic religious values, democracy and economy in a multiracial society have been “shelved” in Pakatan Rakyat.

All three parties – PKR, DAP and PAS – are just a “kenderaan” to drive Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim to Putrajaya.

I have waited for 21 days since Sept 16th, the date which Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim promised the people of Malaysia and the folks in Permatang Pauh that he will become the 7th PM of Malaysia and Pakatan Rakyat will takeover as the new Federal Government after five decades.

Perhaps I should avoid attacking Pakatan Rakyat today. I should focus on defending MCA’s record. I think I just need to point to you a few great examples of MCA’s contributions to Malaysians, especially the Chinese community.


1. UTAR
2. TAR College
3. Datuk Michael Chong
4. maintaining the Chinese education system
5. assisting students to obtain Government scholarships and fundings




As I have said, I don’t know what DAP and PKR have done. Perhaps DAP did a lot over the past years in maintaining check and balance in the Parliament through YB Lim Kit Siang, YB Karpal Singh, and YB Tan Seng Giaw who is also a member of PAC.

I leave PAS aside because PAS has always contributed to Malay, Chinese and Indian communities in Kelantan.

I strongly urge Pakatan Rakyat to serve the people well in the 5 states that they hold power in now. The people will judge you. You do not win elections and expect to be in power just by criticizing others.

We want to see performance and results, not creating an alternative in you to Barisan Nasional. That might work in March 2008. But it will not work in 2012-2013 General Election.

Once again, I am not a MCA member. I surely want to see Malaysia’s democracy flourish into possibly a two party system where competition among political sides will bring a better future for us.

However, I have to say Pakatan Rakyat is heading towards a crash in a highly unstable coalition. The Opposition parties have always criticized the Government. I have joined them too in their cause over the past few years.

Now, I stand on neutral grounds to criticize the Opposition too as they might be turning into what they have been criticizing BN for.

If you stand to criticize others, be prepared to be criticized too. So will I.

No comments: