Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Confused with Khairy, or is Khairy confused?

November 2, 2007

"There’s a certain extent (to which) these people in Umno will not go after me. So it gives me ‘protection’ to change things.

“If I don’t use this ‘protection’ to change things for the better, then I’m just wasting time and marking my time to go up the ladder of politics. That’s not what I am about.

“I want to use this time that I have while I have this ‘protection’ to change things, to change Umno for the better,” he said yesterday during a question-and-answer session at the Kancil Awards Festival Speakers series.



October 6, 2008
source :
The Star - Khairy firm on contesting

“I have never used my father-in-law’s influence for personal gain. I will be banking on my record as deputy chief for the past four years and for the party work that I have done,” he told reporters yesterday when met at his Hari Raya open house at Kg Gadong near here. ...

Khairy rubbished claims by critics that he was banking on his ties with Abdullah to win the wing’s top post, adding he had the credentials to lead including being campaign director for the Barisan Nasional Youth in several by-elections.


A PIECE OF MY MIND

2004 - KJ won uncontested to be the Deputy UMNO Youth Chief

2005 - KJ was involved in the merger of ECM Libra Capital and Avenue Capital which formed the now ECM Libra Avenue. Controversies continue with the loan and purchase of the firm's shares. YB Lim Kit Siang labelled KJ as the "richest unemployed".

2006 - KJ led a protest against the US delegation led by Condoleezza Rice in KL.

2006 - KJ produced the reality TV show MyTeam.

2007 - KJ became the President of UPB MyTeam FC.

2007 - KJ won uncontested to be the Vice President of FAM

I am not sure what he meant by "I want to use protection to change things". UMNO leaders are only saying about a new change, shift and reform now at least in terms of the leadership and UMNO elections.

What have you done, KJ? I am interested to know. Well, KJ won many seats uncontested. Even Datuk Mukhriz had to wait till Tun retired to enter politics officially and hold positions in UMNO. I need not mention about Datuk Ling Hee Leong and Lim Si Pin's case too, do I?

I am not sure also what KJ meant by saying "I have never used my father-in-law’s influence for personal gain. I will be banking on my record as deputy chief for the past four years and for the party work that I have done".

Check out some of the shots at KJ.


August 27, 2008
The Dandelions


... I am writing this resume to prepare myself for the worse. I may be jobless after that traitor Anwar Ibrahim make good of his promise to take over the government this coming Sept 16th. I may need to quit my Deputy Chief of UMNO Youth and my powerful father in law no longer can provide for me. Damn Anwar Ibrahim!!

I should not make that stupid statement at the Permatang Pauh ceramah that day. What I was thinking saying we are here to bury Anwar’s political career and challenging Anwar Ibrahim to resign as PKR adviser if he failed to become prime minister by Sept 16. I should just stop and that and not saying I would quit as Umno Youth deputy chief. Damn my smelly mouth!!

I am jobless after selling my shares in ECM Libra Avenue Bhd in 2006. Hey! I sold it at 65 sen per share, 6 sen cheaper from the price I bought at 71 sen, so I actually loss a lot of money! I only made less than RM 7 million after selling all my shares. What rich? I borrowed the money to fund my RM9.2 million shares, sold it for RM7 million so I actually lost RM2 million okay! Damn that old man Lim Kit Siang, simply say I am the richest unemployed man!!

Luckily my father in law is a good and generous to me and thank God I am the Deputy Chief for UMNO Youth, I still can ‘cari makan’ as the Malays say. For quite some time I am depending on my father in law to pay off my cars, traffic summonses and my 2 iPhones. I am quite embarrassed to depend on him, but what I can do? You see I have three cars with number plats KJ10Q, WNA13 and WMT8001. The car number plates itself also cost more than the car, you know! Damn the cars!! ...



October 7, 2008
1. I feel so sad about the plight of Khairi Jamaluddin, one of the candidates for head of UMNO Youth. He says that he is being prevented from meeting UMNO youths. This might result in his losing the race for the much coveted post.

2. I would advise him not to be disheartened. There are so many other ways of influencing Pemuda than meeting with them. I will not enumerate them as he will know how to use these other ways.

3. If I remember correctly he won the post of Deputy Chief of Pemuda without anyone casting any votes. He won it uncontested. Apart from UMNO Youth chief Hishamuddin Hussein who gave other possible candidates a tongue lashing - telling them in no uncertain terms that they must not contest the position because it was reserved for the Prime Minister's son-in-law, others suspected of having ambitions to contest for the post received phone calls from family members of the PM and other influential supporters not to do anything to spoil the ambition of this first time UMNO member with absolutely no track record from winning uncontested.

4. Although my son will be contesting I have no doubt Khairi will win hands down.

5. I don't know whether people have heard about the thief who cried "thief!". Well the thief got away because people who are not very intelligent went chasing in the opposite direction. The highly educated thief then walked away with his booty.

6. I say good luck to Khairi. You are brilliant and worthy of being a brilliant graduate of that great institution, Oxford University of Great Britain.

No comments: