An article came to my attention yesterday. The latest MarGeemar article partially sounds like it is targetted at APOMM Editor (at least that's what I think).
"You don't need a Masters in Economics to figure out that the Main Stream Media in Malaysia are owned by BN linked companies. When you go to the MSM and attack your party and its leaders, you are in essence prostituting yourself to the Evil BN/Umno regime. The MSM is already spinning on overdrive against PR. The Evil BN/Umno regime has also got so-called political analysts such as the maggot Siva Murugan Pandi(an) to deceive the Rakyat (People) that all is not well with PR. If this is not enough, the Evil BN/Umno regime have young punks in their early twenties to spin their lies with the hope of influencing young voters to turn against PR. It's indeed very surprising that these BN cyber troopers who are in Universities have so much time on their side to spin in their Blogs when they are supposed to be focusing on their studies. "
Being in University, I am not sure if MarGeeMar experienced University life before, we get 12-16 hours of classes a week. Of course I have time to blog ! I should be asking the Pakatan Rakyat bloggers instead who have 9 - 5 pm jobs and yet they blog every single day ! Don't you have a job to do ?
Again, this goes on to prove that my opinion is confirmed to be true. Tenets of Pakatan Rakyat - Intimidation, Defamation and Affirmation Seeking
The blog postings of the Opposition cyber troopers are definitely filled with elements of anger, hatred and very unacademic. But I shall not step foot into such waters. Instead, let us walk point by point on the "Evil BN/UMNO and their links to the Mainstream Media".
MAINSTREAM MEDIA (MSM)
I am surprised with MarGeeMar's piece actually about the Mainstream Media. Let me provide you with an example.
The Chinese newspapers were once accused of being MCA's invisible hand even though Tan Sri Tiong Hiew King took control of them - dailies, newspapers and mainstream.
Yet, MCA's President recently filed a report against an article by Special Weekly (Chinese daily) owned by a company under Tan Sri Tiong Hiew King.
So does this show that the accusations are baseless ?
Also, note that
- it was Agendadaily.com and the Mainstream media that gave attention to Lim Guan Eng and Lim Kit Siang's tantrums on fishy land scams in Penang as well as the PKFZ scandal.
- it was the MSM that provided Anwar news headlines like claims of injustices, corruption and abuse of power.
- reporters followed Anwar and Nizar during the Sept 16 fever and the Perak State Assembly fiasco. Those articles in NST and The Star definitely did not help BN's unity and image !
- Deepak Gill's letter about the Controversial Freedom Festival 09 in Malacca to the Editor of NST was published and that letter could embarass or implicate the Minister, Chief Minister and Religious Dept, surely it will also cause a few votes to Barisan Nasional.
The mainstream media is undeniably linked by a certain degree to Barisan Nasional political parties.
But newspapers like NST and The Star have thousands of employees - of which a large percentage are independent-minded journalists who do not have guns aimed at their heads to support Barisan Nasional.
Many journalists were also daring with their ISA review articles such as the once famous ISA on bloggers fever.
Barisan Nasional journalists write that kind of spin and articles all the time that will hit the Party badly ?
It is also the evil Barisan Nasional that gave national news to PKR's impressive party reforms in terms of leadership elections. So evil are these Barisan Nasional's linked media companies till they frequently allocate national news to PKR, PAS and DAP on their calls for reforms.
If the Editors are so draconian and pro Barisan Nasional,
- you can be sure to see no letters from readers that slam the corrupt practices, abuse of power and the Government decisions
- Anwar, Nizar, Nasharuddin, Lim Guan Eng and Zaid Ibrahim won't even see themselves in the newspapers that slam the land scandals in Penang, the fight against corrupt practices, comments against our Prime Minister and many more.
The people must at times calm down and think rationally. Do you think the above snapshot (Zaid on Tun Dr M) will be splashed out in our newspapers if Malaysia does not have any Press Freedom at all ?
For the record, Mainstream newspapers do not report only political news like Harakah, Suara Keadilan and Rocket. They provide news on weather, accidents, business, entertainment and lifestyle.
It puts some "fear" in me and think whether the ruling party aims to influence what clothes we wear, what music we should hear and what stocks we should buy or not.
Or are the arguments by Pakatan Rakyat supporters and leaders merely politically motivated ?
I leave it for you to judge, my friends.