1. Chua Soi Lek - Liow Tiong Lai
- This alliance won't last. Liow Tiong Lai's support comes from the camps of Ong Ka Ting, Ong Ka Chuan, Wee Ka Siong and Chew Mei Fun.
- But Dr Chua is still licking his wounds from the snoop squad case. Any such alliance will fail for sure.
- Moreover, Chew Mei Fun was reported to have said that if Chua goes for the Presidency, she will quit. If they team up, both parties are expected to play each other out.
- Soi Lek could possibly work with Ka Siong while collecting support from his loyalists like Tan Chai Ho and Loh Seng Kok.
2. Ong Tee Keat - Chua Soi Lek
- By now, I doubt anyone in Tee Keat's camp will trust Soi Lek anymore.
- I warned the leaders that we must not take Soi Lek's goodwill and support blindly as I don't trust him much even though he was a good Minister of Health.
- In the end, my warning became a reality and Soi Lek turned the tables on Tee Keat's camp.
- So, no doubt, the chances are not there for them to work together, regardless of Soi Lek's philosophy of "politics is about making the impossible possible".
3. Chua Soi Lek - Ong Ka Chuan
- Soi Lek will say no to the Ong brothers.
- Soi Lek's career was prematurely ended by the sex scandal and he was once accused of attempting to topple the then President Ong Ka Ting.
4. Ong Tee Keat - Ong Ka Chuan
- This is actually possible. It was said that Ka Ting's men backed Tee Keat to be the President in Oct 2008.
- The "chai dan" (menu) back then was for Tee Keat to be President and Ka Chuan to be Deputy President.
- But Tee Keat will be at the losing end again if he teams up with Ong Ka Chuan.
- The incumbent President risks losing his loyal supporters and could possibly be a puppet for Ong Ka Ting-Ong Ka Chuan's faction.
5. Ong Tee Keat vs (either Ong Ka Ting or Ong Ka Chuan) vs Chua Soi Lek
- If the Presidential contest sees 3 candidates, whoever the winner is won't have a strong grip of the Party either.
- I foresee MCA to face the same problems as UMNO Youth now.
- The winner will most probably receive only 40% of the Delegates votes while the remaining two could possibly get 30% each.
- In other words, the winner of the Presidential campaign will command only 40% of the delegates support and 60% of the Delegates don't think he is the right man.
- MCA crisis will possibly continue until the next MCA elections in 2011.
Next up, I will share with you on Ong Ka Ting's politics.