Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Irritated , Annoyed , Angered

Read this :

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2007/3/19/nation/20070319152132&sec=nation

A piece of my mind ? READ THIS :


To the Editor of The Star :

Title : The Orbituary for Dogs , My Condolences .

I refer to your article "10,000 stray dogs killed in Johor last year" on 19th March 2007 . With that , allow me to raise some questions that I've been wondering all the while . Is there a better way to handle stray dogs than shooting them ? Will it be better if we just capture them and put them to sleep or even send them to the SPCA ? Are dogs that dangerous or wild till we need 5 rifles and 5 men in a operation of dog murderings ? Are we the only country in the world that guns down dogs ?

I believe we have the proper channels to handle such matter . Perhaps it is time we shift the responsibility of managing dogs to the SPCA . Allow them to take more responsibilities for themselves . Here we have in the country a society to prevent cruelty towards animals . But are we using them to the fullest extent ? We ask ourselves . Some countries in the world even have animal police . To us , Bush , the allies or the Western propaganda might be the causation of war . To the dogs ? We are no different from the warmongers .

No comments: