Thursday, January 01, 2009

1 January 2009

The year 2008 left and a new year, 2009, arrived.

Year 2009 brings about fresh faces, not only in the United States of America with President Obama but also in Proton, NST, and soon the Malaysian PM Abdullah Badawi will handover to Najib Tun Razak in March 2009.

Datuk Azlan Hashim’s leadership of Proton, looking back, was criticised hard by this blog. Perhaps many have forgotten the MV Augusta – Gevi Spa episode.

The 1 Euro company which was valued by “independent” group and defended by Proton’s management at that time as well as our PM Pak Lah. A division of MV Augusta was later bought for approximately 70 million by BMW, if I am not mistaken.

As of today, Datuk Nadzmi Salleh will be the new Chairman of Proton. I hope Datuk Nadzmi makes wise decisions for the benefit of Proton.

May I suggest also that Proton put in efforts to mend their relationship with Proton Advisor Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad.

Bury the hatchet, and work towards a world-class Proton. Tun Dr Mahathir deserves at least an apology.

If possible, the new leadership of Proton should make full use of Tun’s advisory role in Proton since we all know Proton is Tun’s brainchild and Tun is indeed a visionary and brilliant man.

As for NST, forget about the years before. Brendan Perreira and Datuk Seri Kalimullah Hassan are no longer members of the NST management. It is now time to make stories as accurate as ever, with no spins, and attempt to push up the miserable circulation figures.

The year 2009, for me began with a family exercise around my housing area with my two puppies. When we arrived back home after that, I turned on my news channel.

Browsing through, I was surprise to see “entertainment” themes in the local talk shows. From interviews with local celebrities to fashion talk.

I stopped at NTV 7 and noticed something that perhaps The Star’s English section will criticise. Either the programme or that fashion line is called Dress Too Impress or it was the TV editor of NTV 7 who made that language error.

Whatever it is, the line “Dress Too Impress” is indeed wrong. It is surprising to spot such language error on national TV. Indeed sad, but I shall stop my criticisms here to avoid people losing jobs.

No comments: