Let me point out CHRONOLOGICALLY the politics of MCA in the year 2009.
POST 10-10-10 EGM
- Ong Tee Keat ordered Wong Foon Meng to study his proposal of A NEW EGM where Delegates will decide whether the Central Committee must resign to pave way for elections.
- Whether it is legal or not to empower the Central Delegates to order the resignations of Central Committee, no one said anything.
- But at that time, Liow Tiong Lai's faction said no need to have another EGM and OTK-CSL must respect the 10-10-10 EGM.
Greater Unity Plan
- Ong Tee Keat then teamed up with Chua Soi Lek under the GUP.
- Crisis should have ended but Liow Tiong Lai wants NEW EGM and FRESH ELECTIONS with backing from MCA Old Knights.
- To make the GUP work, Ong Tee Keat had to appease Chua Soi Lek's team.
- Ong Tee Keat cannot remove his men from Central Committee and Presidential Council.
- So what options did OTK have ? Only one. Appoint CSL's men into the CC and PC but there were no vacancies.
- Thus, 3rd force Leaders were removed from both the CC and PC.
- This pushed the crisis to breaking limits when Youth and Wanita Chiefs were sacrificed for Chua Soi Lek's men.
- It was a disastrous strategy that caused OTK to bear the criticisms and grunts while granting more points or ammunition to the 3rd force to slam OTK. But, OTK had no choice.
- So the winners of this outcome were : CSL and LTL, NOT ONG TEE KEAT
- Ong Tee Keat then appointed Chua Soi Lek as MCA Special Committee Chief to resolve the crisis.
- Liow Tiong Lai and Chua Soi Lek BOTH agreed to have fresh polls with minor differences.
- Ong Tee Keat then step in to say it should happen only with direct elections.
- Liow Tiong Lai wanted it by 31st Dec 2009. Chua Soi Lek said too many holidays and so the most convenient time is March 2010.
- Remember, only Ong Tee Keat has been talking about direct elections.
- Leaders aligned to Ong Tee Keat wants the Youth and Wanita wings to be dissolved also for elections.
- NOTE : THESE ARE TWO CONDITIONS WHICH I TOTALLY SUPPORT.
- The Star began to report news on MCA which hinted that we could be heading towards a Status Quo.
- Reasons given were - 3rd force are the minority, cannot agree on dates, cannot agree on elections involving the Wings.
- Then, Chua Soi Lek as Committee Chief pushed the ONUS or BURDEN OF RESPONSIBILITY to the Central Committee where 21 members need to resign to pave way for Elections.
- Some are still saying fresh elections, some are saying status quo. VERY INCONSISTENT !
So, again. What should Ong Tee Keat do ? MORE TO COME.