Sunday, September 09, 2007

My Letter to SPCA

Dear SPCA Malaysia , I hope you represent the voices of all animals in Malaysia . I am a Malaysian student in Australia . I came across this Advertisement by Majlis Perbandaran Selayang . I believe it is high time SPCA stand up and lodge a protest .

I sincerely believe SPCA should be given higher powers in handling stray animals , educating ownership responsibilities , and taking care of the rights of animals . Please read the following link http://mps.gov.my/hanjing/dog.htmlIt is absurd to see dogs being demonized in a well developed country like Malaysia .

Elsewhere in the world , we have Animal Police Squads too . But in Malaysia , we have draconian squads that feasts on stray dogs . In fact , we might be the only country in the world that uses rifles to shoot dogs !

I strongly urge and recommend SPCA to campaign harder by gathering a network of passionate animal activists and end all discriminatory practices and absurd competitions by any party .

I also strongly recommend that SPCA lobby for greater legal rights and power as well as funds to be create not only a better animal community , but a happier public as well . I thank you in advance .

No comments: