Deputy President of UMNO
- Congratulations to Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin. MY is officially the Deputy President of UMNO, Barisan Nasional and will soon be appointed as the Deputy Prime Minister of Malaysia.
- MY's victory is a clear sign that UMNO is willing to reform and march forward with a strong leadership.
- All these while, Johor has been the main platform of solidarity and power in UMNO. Now, a true Johorean leader is finally given a chance to lead UMNO.
- Once elected to the post of Deputy President of UMNO and Barisan Nasional, MY will face a big responsibility when he takes charge of by-elections as Chief.
- Muhyiddin Yassin will surely be a great asset to UMNO, BN and of course to Malaysia.
Wanita UMNO Chief
- However, Wanita UMNO must now move their election and campaign machinery straight to Lembah Pantai.
- For a top Wanita UMNO leader to lose against Nurul Izzah, a very young and untested candidate in the 12th General Election, it is something Wanita UMNO must look at.
- Wanita UMNO cannot afford to carry the baggage of a loser in General Elections. It will be a great risk politically for the whole of Wanita UMNO if their movement Chief cannot win General Elections.
- Lembah Pantai must now be the focus of Wanita UMNO.
UMNO Youth Chief
- Congratulations to Khairy Jamaluddin, an Oxford graduate, who was recently warned for breaching campaign ethics.
- It is no easy feat to win the Youth Chief election. However, Khairy must see that the majority of UMNO Youth dislikes him.
- This is clear when the votes for Khir and Mukhriz in total far exceed Khairy's.
- Traditionally, UMNO Youth Chief will be given a Cabinet post - either appointed as Minister or Deputy Minister.
- Given that Khairy breached pre-election campaign ethics and the majority of UMNO Youth dislikes Khairy, Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak must rule out the tradition of Cabinet post for the UMNO Youth Chief this time.
- Najib cannot afford to have such a liability onboard the new Cabinet to be announced next month.
- Datuk Mukhriz must now work harder with better policies and stronger grassroot support as I am sure many are still with him.
- I hope to see Datuk Mukhriz in the front line one day.