- Bloggers, alternative media and many politicians have long infiltrated the minds of Malaysians with mind boggling articles and theories that plotted the downfall of Barisan Nasional and promoted the rise of Anwar Ibrahim.
Ask yourselves sincerely.
- Remember reading certain blogs which initially provided black and white evidences of corruption, abuse of power and misuse of public funds?
These blogs continue to command attention from readers and internet savvy folks in this modern age.
As time passes by, it does not matter anymore if there are evidences. The evolution started from cold hard evidences to reports with mere "Deep Throat" and "High Level Insider Information" terms.
Now, not even "Deep Throat" or "High level Insider Information" is needed. All we see today are plain theories or stories.
And yet, people continue to believe. Why is that so?
The foundation laid by these bloggers have been so solid and highly credible, that people tend to believe whatever they say now, even without evidences.
A simple question of "where is the proof?" now is no longer necessary as the Malaysian society mentality has truly evolved into what once Malaysia's top leader said "The world likes conspiracies".
- Malaysians will brush aside any suspicions of these bloggers creating stories or conspiracies against certain politicians, especially Barisan Nasional.
The Police cannot take action either because we do not have adequate laws to prosecute those who spread lies and half truths.
Any action, if taken, will be agreed initially on those who broke the law. But the cards can easily be turned around in favour of bloggers if they say they are arrested because:
- The law have become so lopsided that I have never felt injustices in Malaysia at such a level before in my 23 years of life.
Malaysia's law cannot be used at all to prosecute those from the Opposition but can only be used to prosecute those from the ruling coalition.
Some politicians are immune to the law because the immensed strategy by bloggers and alternative media have placed them among the people's minds.
- Any move against these politicians, especially the Opposition, as long as they claim they are for the rakyat, the judiciary are puppets and they were manhandled, then there will be a rise of public uproar.
- Even before Court cases are in trial, the public has already delivered their verdict in newspapers, blogs and alternative media which the Judges read as well.
These will directly influence the judgement of the judges, if not fully control the minds of these judges.
Malaysian laws have become lopsided. They are now for Pakatan Rakyat.
Of course, after writing this, Pakatan Rakyat supporters will say "Justice is in place now". But is that true?
Tepuk dada, tanya selera.