- First of all, I am not a supporter of Khir Toyo in any form thinkable.
- This article is written to question the motives of Khalid Ibrahim & Co in publicizing the travel expenses of Khir Toyo and then leave the subject to the public for debate.
- It seems to me Pakatan Rakyat is making full use of the Malay proverb "Baling batu, sembunyi tangan".
- I am sure many of those who know Khalid Ibrahim will have full knowledge of his life in the corporate and political world.
- I will leave his past aside for now as I still have a lot of respect for him and Tun Dr Mahathir for the Dawn Raid of Guthrie Berhad that left London shocked.
Calculations of Khir Toyo's trips
Average cost per destination = RM 16,625.42857
Average cost per flight (one way)= RM 8312.714286
Case 1 (2003)
RM49,874.50 was spent to fly to Tokyo, Guangzhou, Kunming, Osaka, Fukuoka and London in 2003. Assuming Guangzhou and Kunming is assumed as one destination based on country for calculations, we take a total of 5 return trips here (i.e. 10 flights)
Expenditure in 2003 = RM 49,874.50
Average cost per destination = RM 9974.90
Average cost per flight (one way) = RM 4987.45
Case 2 (2004)
RM74,972.00 in 2004 to go to Bangkok, Dubai, London, Beijing, Amsterdam, Milan and Venice. Assuming that we take the number of destinations as given for calculations (since we have tried the bundle method in Case 1, we adopt the direct method here).
Expenditure in 2004 = RM 74,972.00
Average cost per destination = RM 10,710.28571
Average cost per flight (one way) = RM 5355.142857
Case 3 (2005)
RM41,064.00 in 2005 to visit Paris, Geneva, Toronto, Los Angeles and Dubai
Expenditure in 2005 = RM 41,064.00
Average cost per destination = RM 8212.80
Average cost per flight (one way) = RM 4106.40
Case 4 (2006)
RM91,466.00 in 2006 to go to Seoul, Chicago, London, Amsterdam. Stuttgart, Beijing, Shanghai, Osaka and Tokyo
Expenditure in 2006 = RM 91,466.00
Average cost per destination = RM 10,162.88889
Average cost per flight (one way) = RM 5081.444444
Case 5 (2007)
RM20,231.00 was spent in 2007 to go to Perth, Seoul and Taipei
Expenditure in 2007 = RM 20,231.00
Average cost per destination = RM 6743.666667
Average cost per flight (one way) = RM 3371.833333
Case 6 (2008)
RM32,229.00 in January last year for a trip to London
Expenditure in 2005 = RM 32,229.00
Average cost per destination = RM 32,229.00
Average cost per flight (one way) = RM 16,114.50
- Come on Khalid Ibrahim. Is this all you can do? You were once a corporate figure!
- I am sure Khalid & Co know about the air ticket prices and the terms and condition.
- A Menteri Besar needs full flexibility with travel tickets, otherwise if cancelled, it will be wasted and the public funds will go down the drain.
- I am quite confident the tickets were not booked from MAS Travel Fair or MATTA Fair.
- Business travellers and frequent flyers who fly to London, Osaka, Shanghai, Tokyo and various other destinations in the world can share their opinions with me here.