Thursday, August 21, 2008

Response

I respond to a recent comment on my blog entry. The reader said

"funny to see this coming out from a Malaysian who's currently studying in Australia... why didnt you opt to further your studies at a local malaysian university? what was the reason? Not all of our current universities are in such bad state. if u study overseas, it is also considered an outflow of our currency to other countries. lol "

Perhaps you do not know me. Allow me to introduce myself. I am currently a holder of the Public Service Department Scholarship pursuing a Bachelor of Economics in ANU, the 16th best university in the world. And it is not my choice whether I want to study here or not. Moreover, it has never crossed my mind to obtain an overseas education due to affordability reasons.

My views have always been limited to what my parents taught me, to what the KBSM has moulded me into, to what I read and see in Malaysia. Pursuing an overseas education, with the kindness of JPA and the taxpayers, I widen my scope and thinking.

However, I will not just stay away and do nothing like the many hypocrites who slam the country but are not willing to help build a better and more beautiful home called Malaysia. Every single dollar the Government and the taxpayers have invested in me, I will return it by chipping in to build a better nation with a proper education system for the future.

It is true that not all our Malaysian Universities are in a bad state. But the public do not go hoo-haa for nothing over the education system of Malaysia. We stand and fight for a better future !

I believe that explains to my dear reader who seem to attack me personally.

No comments: