Monday, August 25, 2008

Ramadhan

Ramadhan is coming and I would like to wish all my Muslim friends a happy and memorable month long Ramadhan. It seems too early to wish all of you Selamat Hari Raya and I shall reserve it for some other day.

Recently, I browsed through Wikipedia to read up on Intelligence Agencies. You can read it here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_intelligence_agencies. It is a rational expectation of me to see the Malaysian category, of course.

We have 5 Intelligence agencies according to Wikipedia. They are the Cawangan Khas, Majlis Keselamatan Negara, Military Intelligence Organization, Kor Risik DiRaja and Jabatan Risikan Persekutuan. I think I have heard of all the agencies except the Kor Risik DiRaja.

Interesting organization structure of Kor Risik DiRaja. I am not sure if any of the agencies have been shut down already but I am pretty sure Special Branch, MIO and MKN is still around.

Also, all the best to the candidates of Permatang Pauh and may the Permatang Pauh people's choice win there. I am surprised with the DAP Convention results and the recruitment of Tunku Aziz Tunku Ibrahim who was then appointed Vice Chairman of DAP. Smart move by DAP there I would say.

I wonder if MCA and UMNO elections will bring about a bed full of surprises. We shall wait and see. Have a good day !

2 comments:

Jimmy Tham said...

if you're aware kor risik diraja are a newly institutionalised or like what was reported, royal-ised intel gathering corp under RMA.

lol~ if the highest number of ministry per capita in the world is not enough, we are aiming for the most intel agency when most countries are trying to streamline and integrate its intelligence gathering capabilities..

abang oi~ i dah lama datang sini spam dah

Anonymous said...

perisikanpertahanan.blogspot - some inside story, quite interesting!