Saturday, April 05, 2008

Malaysians

Haha. Came across an interesting article at http://www.hanafionline.com/2008/02/yee-sang-performed-in-malay-house.html

Amazing. I realise that Malaysians are already integrated culturally. I am a Malaysian with Chinese background but I seriously love Nasi Lemak! Which Malaysian hates it, eh ? Haha. When I was in secondary school, I always go to this Restaurant KC ( a hawker coffee shop ) and there was a mak cik there who sells delicious nasi lemak. But she stopped selling after awhile. Nowadays, I get my nasi lemak from the lady selling near my Taman's padang. And I always go double .... ( so much for dieting ). Haha ....

Well yeah , back to the topic. I was surprised to read about Yee Sang performed in Malay house at this blog. And it is very true. The GE 2008 showed us some surprising statistics. All Malaysian voted for Malaysian candidates. It wasn't Indians for Indians, Chinese for Chinese and Malays for Malays. Indian populated seats were lost to PAS candidates too in Selangor. Haha.

And I still remember my dad's friends at EON Bercham. They all know my dad well. And one of them, my mom asked him about the upcoming GE then. He told my mom, "Kalau nak pergi Bulan, mesti naik roket". Haha .... so we all knew he would be voting for DAP in Ipoh to support the new coalition of DAP the rocket, PAS the Moon and the Crescent shaped PKR.

Hmm. We are all Malaysians. But to kill off racism, we have to be patient. All of us cannot deny the fact that the racial sentiment is higher among the pre Merdeka generations. The current generation have less racist elements in their lifes. So we all have to be patient till the pre Merdeka generation hands over the country to the current youths and start on nation building. The pre Merdeka generations have supported and led the country well through development. But nation building will come from the current generation where we integrate ourselves to be competitive, friendly and into a harmonious society.

Be patient. Patience now is the key to success in Malaysia.

No comments: