Friday, April 25, 2008

Are the Malays losing out?

The total number of Malay MPs in Malaysia are still highly significant. I read the news daily saying about the Malays' grip on the country is weakening. But is that true? Let me tell you this. No!

Only UMNO is losing its grip on Malay support or rather Malaysians support. The numbers of Malay MPs in the Parliament of Malaysia have not changed. Please be aware that it is only the fact that instead of UMNO MPs, we now have PKR Malay MPs and the obvious PAS Malay MPs.
Are Malays under threat? No. I beg to differ from the comments by some UMNO leaders that the Malay race is under threat.

Let us just say, MP Gopeng Dr Lee Boon Chye proposes for Malay rights in the Constitution to be removed. Do you think Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim, Tan Sri Khalid Ibrahim, Mat Sabu, Nasharuddin Isa, etc etc will allow it to happen ??

The Constitution is clear and is like a guide to all of us. We can only amend the Constitution under a clear majority support of Malaysians and their elected MPs in Parliament. If deemed fit, then only will the Opposition Malay MPs agree for it. Otherwise, it will never happen.

So why then do I read that Malays are under threat? Haha. It seems to me only UMNO is under threat. Not the Malay race. I hope UMNO will avoid the racial card and start reforming its party. I do not want to see the struggles of our forefathers in Barisan Nasional go down the drain !!

Note : Hmm, I know Dr Lee so I used him as an example. It is merely an example ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Umnoputras are losing??? And they are sore losers too?