Wan Azizah : He has a meeting ... er ...
Reporter : Meeting where ?
Nurul Izzah : He was with us ... (unclear)
According to Saiful Bukhari, by his calculations, Anwar's team has successfully postponed or delayed the case by approximately 20 times.
A young man's wish. "Selama ini, Hanya SATU sahaja permintaan saya, iaitu untuk memberi keterangan di Mahkamah."
Saiful once urged his readers to have patience and wait for his day in Court to reveal more. But he did mention that he accompanied Anwar to
- Hong Kong in early May,
- Bangkok in late May and
- Singapore from June 16 to 18
(Source : The Star)
After 20 merry go rounds, finally the Court case is on ! Collection of news from the international press :
- ... Anwar Ibrahim's defence team will produce at least five witnesses claiming they were with the PKR de facto leader at the material time of the unnatural sex charge. (Asiaone)
- Defense lawyer Sankara Nair said "there is no case," adding that Anwar, a former deputy prime minister, has an alibi. (MSNBC)
- Malaysia's opposition leader has told the BBC that he has an alibi for "every minute" of the day when he is accused of sodomy with a former male aide. (BBC)
Asiaone also quoted Anwar :
- ....his lawyers had written three letters to the Inspector General of Police and the Attorney-General indicating his willingness to co-operate in the investigation.
- 'They did not reply until today. Take my DNA, take my hair ... my hair is everywhere, except this part,' said Anwar as he smiled and patted the middle part of his scalp.
But, when the Police wanted to take the DNA, a different song was sung (written in Asiaone) :
- He has refused to give a DNA sample, even though the police said they were willing to let him choose his own forensic expert to take his sample.
Just to walk us down memory lane, Sodomy 1's very last piece of judgement by the Court of Appeal was in favor of Anwar Ibrahim.
- "To summarise our judgment, even though reading the appeal record, we find evidence to confirm that the appellants were involved in homosexual activities and we are more inclined to believe that the alleged incident at Tivoli Villa did happen, sometime, this court, as a court of law, may only convict the appellants if the prosecution has successfully proved the alleged offences as stated in the charges, beyond reasonable doubt, on admissible evidence and in accordance with established principles of law. We may be convinced in our minds of the guilt or innocence of the appellants but our decision must only be based on the evidence adduced and nothing else."
Source : Kehakiman
If there is an "air tight - guaranteed no case" alibi (5 witnesses as Sankara said, alibi every minute as Anwar said), then there is nothing to worry.
Trial has been postponed for 21st time.
Court case will go on and no more delays, Judge ruled.