First, allow me to present to you the numbers at the gathering reported by mainstream media as well as online news portals.
- Utusan - 5000+ (lowest estimate, unlikely to be this)
- NST - 35,000
- Malaysiakini - 20,000
- The Malaysian Insider - 20,000
- Harakah Daily - 100,000 (largest estimate)
1. Time to repeal the ISA
2. Sticking to his pins and principles
3. 'Power should not be in hands of one person'
I have no idea how the "controlled media" can publish such news.
Or is it a propaganda of the Opposition and their cybertroopers that we should not read the papers but only read news portals and blogs that sided them ?
1 August gathering was only meant to be there for another go at spinning stories. The Opposition's agenda and message must be sent out clear cut that
- UMNO and Barisan Nasional are evil and draconians
- Police and MACC are murderers and bullies
- Politicians, youths, students and people are manhandled
Yes, by now we can see that this is the message that has to be repeated by the Opposition quarterly as the Opposition await the 13th General Election - their closest chance to power now.
Again, we should send the Opposition and GMI back to the basics to ask why the need for 1 August gathering, just like how Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak ensured that we went back to the foundations of ISA with efforts on review ongoing.
News on the ISA Comprehensive Review :
- ISA will not be used arbitrarily - Najib
- Law Reform Committee formed to review ISA
- MCA lauds Najib's proposal to comprehensively review ISA
- Replace ISA with new law
- Govt reviewing ISA, no need for demos, reiterates Najib
To comprehensively review and amend the ISA, it does not happen overnight. There are many in certain ISA Detention Camps that pose security threats in terms of terrorism and hardcore crime to our country and our region.
If we abolish ISA right away, we leave a crater like legal loophole for many to escape the arms of our our law enforcement and regulatons.
Will Pakatan Rakyat be willing to bear the risks of any threats to the people's security and well being if ISA is abolished at this instance ?
Be patient and let Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak do his job. The message is clear.
If one thinks he is not performing, every citizen in Malaysia has his or her democratic rights and fundamental liberties to vote for a candidate and party whom he or she thinks will deliver what is best to the people.
And let us exercise our democratic rights through the ballot boxes, not the streets.
(Credits to Malaysiakini and TheStar for the photos)