Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Health Check !

Now, I have been diverting my interests a little away from politics to medicine these days. Haha. Dont ask me why.

Let us get into serious talk first. Read this. According to this New England Journal of Medicine study, the scientists down South (Singapore) came up with researches on the virus H5N1. They developed a vaccine that has been successfully tested for safety and immunogenicity.

Besides this piece of news on the vaccine, I have also read a little bit about the relationship of hearing loss and diabetes. A research was done among US adults. The results? Hearing impairment exists among adults with diabetes. I used to think that diabetes can cause loss of sight only. Didn't know about the link with hearing losses. Check it out here.

Also, this is for men! The Archives of Internal Medicine had a research on the relationship of Vitamin D and myocardial infarction ( er ... heart attack ... ). The conclusion ? Allow me to quote unquote the report. "Low levels of 25(OH)D are associated with higher risk of myocardial infarction in a graded manner, even after controlling for factors known to be associated with coronary artery disease." Read the report here.

Haha. I dont really understand the chemistry and the medical jargon that much. However, we all can roughly get what they mean even if we are not Science-based people. All right. I will highlight more of these researches in future as I continue reading.

Hmm. Need to see the doctor tomorrow. Sprained the joint between my toe and the foot at my left leg this morning. Sigh. It hurts and I have difficulty walking :(

Well. Nothing much to worry I guess. Health is really important these days huh? Haha. Take good care of yourselves everyone for I do not want to lose any of you. I hold everyone of you dear to my heart.

All right. That's all for today I guess. Gotta go to my personal site now. Haha. So busy blogging :)Good nite !

No comments: