Thursday, January 17, 2008

Well said !

I just received a comment from a reader of my blog entry on Malaysia Airlines. I find it interesting and professional in terms of comments. I know some of you guys are lazy to click the "Comments" link to read what other people say ...

So here it is :

MAS is a wonderful airline, good cabin service but not until Idris Jala & Co manages it. Being a businessman we need to fly if possible a non stop flight from KUL to the destination.

Well MAS can do it in almost all the destination that I need to go. Very rare for me to take a Transit flight when I flew by MAS> To me MAS was at the TOP level on overall ranking. However we are sensitive on dollars. I found that MAS is the most expensive on all flight sectors compare to other airlines.

I had similar experiences like you on pricing. I am wondering, does anyone in MAS do audit on ticket prices with respect to other airlines (SIA, Thai, Cathay) Apple to Apple comparison. Flight and Cabin service of MAS is still the best but that can be a competitive advantage to have more customers.

Not surprise that many Malaysian opt for other flag when they travel. Think about it.\


So are we going to have another saga of Malaysia Airlines failure ? I was once told by the steward that "We used to serve two meals on MAS flights between KL and Australia. But now, we will only serve one main meal and another light meal (sandwich or muffin) until we get out of the red". How interesting and frank from the steward ... this is what I like ... I surely won't like people telling me ,"Oh I am sorry Sir , this is the best we can do".

Although it sounds bad to hear MAS was in trouble at that point, I was glad that I had a clear explanation from the steward. However, with MAS introducing the E-ticket system to cut costs, new remuneration systems for their staff and registering profits now, I don't see any reason why they would want to hurt consumer dollars and sales with higher prices and senseless explanations !!

I think that steward who explained the situation to me should be the "travel expert" for MAS and tell all to the public !!

No comments: