Hmm . Proton is dying my friends . How can a company that suffers net losses that sum up to 9 DIGITS per quarter ( or was it per annum ) survive the dark hole of bankruptcy ? There are a few questions I would like to ask :
1. Datuk Seri AAB , apakah misi dan visi kerajaan Malaysia dalam isu Proton ? It seems to me that efforts are not as solid as the commitment during Tun's era .
2. Datuk Azlan Hashim , di mana janji anda untuk membawa Proton ke era cemerlang , gemilang , terbilang ? As the Chairman and person in charge , you should resign if Proton continues recording a 9 digit loss . Let a competent and highly qualified expert take charge .
3. Dear Proton , when the management team is failing to produce results , do you not refer to the advisor of Proton , Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad ( just in case all of you forgot our PM for 22 years ) ? Proton was his brainchild . In other words , created and formulated by him . When we employ advisors , they are meant to provide some guidelines to us , and not as a puppet .
4. Kerajaan Malaysia , apakah tindakan yang perlu diambil apabila lambang kebangsaaan , identity negara dan institusi yang mempamerkan kejayaan dan kemajuan negara hampir tumbang ? Module MAS harus digunakan dalam isu Proton . Apply the same technique . Remove the management team that is not performing . Put in good ones . If you can see , Tengku Mahaleel was making Proton profitable . But now ?? Making losses ? The comparison of two management dynasties - crystal clear .
5. Ahli - ahli Parlimen BN , DAP , PAS , PKR dan sebagainya . Sebagai wakil - wakil rakyat , YB sekalian juga bertanggungjawab memastikan isu - isu negara diselesaikan , pentadbiran negara berjalan lancar , rang undang undang dibahas dengan kepentingan rakyat dan masa depan di minda . Oleh itu , saya ingin bertanya , apakah pendapat anda tentang Proton . Sebenarnya Proton bukanlah perkara remeh :
- Proton hak milik kerajaan Malaysia dan secara tidak langsung , hak milik rakyat .
- Proton merupakan kebanggaan negara sejak tahun 1980an .
- Proton telah membantu ramai anak-anak Malaysia terutamanya anak - anak Melayu dalam bidang kejuruteraan dan pengurusan
- Proton meletakkan Malaysia dalam senarai pengeluar otomobil yang tidak banyak di dunia
- Proton sentiasa berkembang maju dan ilmu kejuruteraan , otomobil , pengurusan dsb "diimport" ke Malaysia dari serata dunia .
These are just some of the questions I would like to raise . I know those of you who have been reading my blog will be bored of my constant nagging and entries on Proton . But trust me . Proton is winding up . When that happens , unemployment rate will get worse perhaps . Many other issues will creep in . The Proton you and I are using will be reduced to mere junk and scrap metal that is worthless when that happens . MG Rover is a good example in the UK .
Everything in this world starts slow . Even your parent's businesses . I'm sure they suffer losses . The Chinese businessmen always like to say "ask your friends and relatives to come to my shop , ok?" . The Malays and Indians will say "Sila datang lagi" . The same goes for Proton . It needs help of many buyers to survive as well .
The businesses of your parents , I'm sure when we calculate , is not as economically efficient as perhaps Walmart and Tesco in terms of consumer goods , Lafarge Group in terms of industrial materials , Exxon Mobil in terms of oil production , Nestle in terms of food products and many more . What's your dad's business ? Mini market ? Convenience store ? A restaurant , hawker ?
Well if you think Proton should wind up due to inefficiency , your parents or perhaps your own business should wind up too ! Why ? Lets take Malaysia for example . I believe economically , Esquire Kitchen that sells Chinese food is more efficient than you . Tesco is more efficient than you . 1901 Hot Dogs are more efficient . 7 Eleven as well . Many more examples .
Proton will one day succeed like how you would like your parents' or your own businesses to succeed . Proton cars are arguably inferior in terms of quality when compared to Toyota and BMW . But then , do you not agree we have moved on to greater levels and have improved our cars be it design or technology since 1980s ?
The decision lies on your hands . Not just the consumers . But the murderers of Proton range from consumers to the highest level of command , the PM of Malaysia .
For now , I shall label those who are not sailing Proton to the right direction as Pembunuh Proton . In English , it is murderer of Proton .
The IGP of Malaysia will be in hot soup from now on I believe . With RPK revealing the scandalous affairs of the Chinese gangs and the IGP of Malaysia , I wonder what will those who walk the corridors of power do . Nevertheless , this case will be up in Parliament soon . That's because our friend YB Lim Kit Siang has received a copy from some one who investigated it . Good good . Let us all see how "clean" and how "cemerlang gemilang terbilang" our country is .
Press freedom and corruption ranking was worse than Tun's era . HUH !? What was AAB's manifesto again !? Perhaps what he say is true . He has the ideas and good implementation . But in the middle of the process and the time needed for reforms to take effect , a few black dots start to impurify the content . And there ... magic .... Harry Potter made us lower in press freedom and corruption rankings . Tada !
Lol . Whatever . A Piece of My Mind rests its case .