Saturday, May 12, 2007

$109.10

The title seems weird ? Let me tell you my side of the story . On Monday , after I made Nasi Goreng I sat at my table in front of my laptop . Was thinking of watching The West Wing . When I first open my mouth to put a spoonful of rice in it , I had a muscle pull at the left side at the end of my lower jaw (location is just beneath the ear) .

So I massaged it and continued eating but it started swelling !! There was a huge swell there . I was certain that it is going to be a muscle issue there . So nothing much to worry . But the swelling did not go away and I couldn't eat or chew .

I knew I had to do something with the swelling and since I'm under insurance , I might as well see the doctor . Went to ANU clinic and they told me the next available appointment is on Thursday but there is a slot for me to see the Nurse . I chose that . The nurse said it looks really swollen and referred me to a doc . Dr Christine was nice enough to fit me into her schedule .

She examined me and did not want to take any risk . But the examination outcome was shocking . I was told to do a blood test to eradicate the possibility of mumps , and also to go fix an appointment to do an ultrasound to see what is going on there !!!!

I was stunned . All I wanted was something to reduce the swelling and I will be fine . So yeah ... had to go to the Ultrasound private clinic at University Avenue near City . I was told the next available appointment is 23rd of May . I looked at my watch and it says 7th May . I told myself this is nuts !!

Went back to Dr Christine and she rang NCDI to fix an urgent appointment for me . NCDI fixed 8th of May in the morning for me . So I went for my ultrasound . The report came out saying that I'm normal but there's a asymmetry look on my left side but it is nothing to worry about . The cost ? $109.10 . Thankfully my insurance pays for this partially at 85% .

Anyway , the ultrasound for something at my thyroid which needed further consult . So yeah . Another ultrasound or biopsy test on the way for me on 25th May . Damn it . What's happening !! Well ... never mind then . Just to keep my readers informed , I have an Econometrics assignment due on Monday , a course which median and mean mark was around 50 in the Mid Semester Exam . I have a assessable tutorial needed to be handed in on Tuesday for Microecons 2 and a Honours stream Economics "not more than 1000 words" essay on Marglin's arguments against Adam Smith's theory that is due on Wednesday .

So yes . I'm busy with weird variables running in my head , Marglin's hoo-haa and the Econs assessment coming up .

All right . Looks like back home there's alot of things going on . Ranging from sexist remarks from the ever famous Jasin MP and the ever active Kinabatangan MP . I wonder why Fong Po Kuan who is so well respected in Batu Gajah always get into troubles like this . The last time I think was with the Taiping hero - Datuk Kayveas . Haha . Yeah right ... hero .

Hmm . Lets see ... the range goes into Dr Mahathir's comments on Najib and Pak Lah . Read the analysis by RPK . Wonder how true that is but I know Dr Mahathir's actions . Many are surprising and well calculated moves . Just like a movie script . Good politicians will direct the script well . So far in 22 years of administration , things went well . I wonder how this episode will end .

Well well ... a challenger to Anwar's position in PKR leadership ? We all know that PKR is something like Parti Kerana anwaR . Yeah . More or less . So if the challenger wins , where's PKR heading to ? The Anwar factor is not that . With the biasness (DSAI) removed from the model (PKR) , what will happen to the variables (members,objectives,success rate etc) ? One wonders what will happen if ....

Reminds me of the literature I read in high school . The road not taken . Mmmm . Well well . In my life there are not many regrets . But till this day , I regret not having a look at the Tan Sri Datuk Wira Abdul Rahman Arshad National Champions challenge trophy . Had just a glance but it was erased from my memory cause I was too heartbroken .

Nowadays we see so many national debating challenge trophies from Taylors College to Help University College trophies etc . Perhaps the government should limit these and allow the Ministry's challenge trophy to be the sole leader of debating competition as this competition involves all schools in Malaysia .

To tell me that I lost because my teammate raised a point of information when that Convent Bukit Nanas 3rd speaker was talking ? Well it was actually like this . That Miss allowed the POI . So my pal asked the question . Not even given the chance to complete the question , she cut him off !! And of course my pal insisted in continuing , but she insisted in him taking the seat and they both started talking at the same time .

The August house had to be called to order and the Speaker raised a point that "only one speaker at a time" . My team had to be penalised for that ?? 2 points deducted you say ??!? Where's the logic my expert judges who hold PhDs ?? This is one bitter point in my life that I still think till today .

It all became more frustrated when I saw the TVB Series Dicey Business . There's this top Poker player who plays against the top players in the world . He is too crazy over trophies . For every match he wins , he want the opponent's challenge trophy that they won in the past .

How I wish I can get all of you CBN girls for a rematch . For it is one that I am not satisfied with .

Hmm . I'm set on buying a new laptop . Highly considering the Sony Vaio SZ44 version . SZ48 has the best specs but it is way beyond my buyer value . I wonder how good the quality of a Vaio is . Ash says it is good . But not many people use Sony laptops huh .

Yeah . Kinda hungry now . Making porridge (congee) . I seem to have a huge appetite for porridge these days (more accurately , after my $109.10 jaw examination) . Haha . Chicken or fish porridge , with fried dace fish , perhaps some spam .....

Yummy . Not luxurious ... not really normal ... can be said as slightly inferior goods (canned foods) . But it is still my favourite . Speaking of food I was talking to Jimmy about the Ang Mohs . They are brilliant in making fries . I told him I wonder why didn't our forefathers make fries instead of steamed hot potatoes during the Japanese occupation .

One thing I didnt think of was the usage of cooking oil . Was cooking oil a scarcity and luxury good at that time ? Sigh . It is really sad when we try to put ourselves into those era . We definitely do not want to be under the rule of any foreign forces anymore INCLUDING SINGAPORE ... be it directly or indirectly .

There were many hints that the bridge will be built . If that is built , I hope those who attacked Dr Mahathir and those who believed in the importance and significance of the bridge will bite their own feet and hands and remain silent . Perhaps the ProUMNO user who left a comment attacking the bridge issue will be dumbfounded ?

Perhaps .

All right . Back to my assignment . Tata .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

if datuk kayveas reads your blog,he will go after you for the kick of publicity, the man truely believes he is a hero inside out. anything negative he hears abt himself ,means he is either deprived by BN , or people surely envy him! How dare you mention the hero ppp man unless its at the frontpage of some paper who likes drama kings.

Anonymous said...

Get well soon man