Friday, November 02, 2007

Crisis for Me

Firstly , exam this morning was tough ... too theoratical .... sigh ... that's Financial Economics . Anyway , hm . Just got some bad news from home about Hong Kong trip .

Booked during Matta Fair . The tour agency Tropical Touch from Ipoh had some attractive package of HK-China tour . Dad liked it and chose it for the family . We were told or rather "assured" that flights to HK will be in the morning . Mom said HK was nice during her last trip few years ago and she wants to extend another two nights .

So .... I did the searching and booked a reasonably priced hotel for the extensions . We told the tour agent that our return flight is preferably in the evening or late noon . We were again "assured" .

Today , mom told me the agent said our flight to HK will be in the late noon and return flight is early morning around 11am . So much for assurance !!!?!?

So mom went to my Australian flight ticketing agent (another firm) and she was helpful in checking the system of flights to and from HK . We found out that there are other flight times still available !! Mom asked Tropical Touch for a refund of just the ticket prices but we will still go for the tour package because we wanted other flight times and Tropical Touch couldn't do it for us . Mom wanted to ask her friend to book just the flights for her .

Guess what's the refund ? RM 1315 . According to mom's friend , the cost of the ticket is actually RM 1340 + tax of RM 197 . And the refund .... obviously Tropical Touch have swallowed up at least RM 197 ... and let me remind you .... thats RM 197 per person . I have four people in my family including me !

Ridiculous psycho greedy mongers !!

I have been loyal to MAS since I started flying . Except the time I went to Japan under the Japan Govt scholarship ... there was no choice but to fly JAL . Now in this trip ... i have to fly Cathay Pacific ... arrgh ...

Bad luck .... bad luck !

No comments: