Friday, February 29, 2008

Busy but happy :)

Dear friends, sorry for not blogging at all and not doing as I promise on the manifestos by political parties. Haven't had the time at all because I had my dearie over visiting me for a couple of days.

Anyway, while having meals, I had the opportunity to meet YB M.Kula in old town Nam Heong Coffee Shop, challenger for Canning state seat Mr Vincent Hooi and challenger for Ipoh Timur parliamentary seat Dr Liew Mun Hon was at the Kampung Simee market. Met all 3 of them while they were doing their election rounds.

Spoke a few words to YB Kula as encouragement. I received news and tips that Mr Vincent Hooi and Dr Liew are not very happy with the response from public and they are worried about their election prospects. They are having a meeting to look at how they can attract voters at the moment I am typing this from an insider news I received.

Hmm. My dad was funny though. Initially when Dr Liew was announced as the challenger to YB Lim Kit Siang, dad find his name a little bit funny. Dad said "Hai mei yew da zhang yi jing liew man han". In English it means that Dr Liew has not even joined the war, he is already sweating profusely. This is due to his name Dr Liew Mun Hon. Well, sorry Dr Liew, just a joke but my dad is an ardent MCA supporter. And my mom worked for Datuk Tan Chai Ho before I was born in his firm and for MCA. So don't get too upset over this joke Dr Liew !

Anyway, I received a message earlier from Amzar that the manifestos are available online already. So there is no need to go to that but many political party members are ignorant of it and does not even know what a manifesto is. It is quite sad to hear some one shout Hidup PAS, DAP boleh, Undilah Barisan Nasional and many more slogans but do not know what a manifesto is. We should all educate the people politically.

I am surprised to read these days so many Barisan Nasional component parties advertising in The Star for the coming elections. Are the opposition parties allowed to do the same ? I wonder.

Hm. I will be leaving Malaysia again for Australia tomorrow. Back to books and a busy semester. I am thankful to my dad for allowing me to return for CNY this time although it was really a short holiday. Not a cheap trip for me to come home but he still allowed. Mom and sis played a role in persuading him though. Haha.

All righty ... all of you take care and vote wisely for the elections ! Will be blogging from Canberra soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thought u're staying still polling day..

I wanna try postal voting, not that I have much confidence in that, but whatever chance is better than none.

Can't seemed to get a reply from the NZ high commissioner.

U gonna vote this election?