Friday, December 29, 2006

The Question on Accounts and Objectives of Blogging

Probably you will wonder since when I developed an interest in accounting . Well , this is no simple accounts .

I read it all from Malaysia-today.net .

To be on the safe side , I give full credits to Raja Petra and Aliran for publishing the article I'm about to comment .

http://malaysia-today.net/blog2006/reports.php?itemid=1497 is the site you should read a little about ... spend some time

But I know some are too lazy to read long articles so below are some extracts of it .


The Auditor General cited various cases of questionable spending of ‘goodwill money’ in his report:

  • A sum of RM110,000 was paid to sponsor the Sungai Petani Puteri UMNO’s Tuition Centre programme based on a project proposal paper, said the AG. But he merely observed that such payments should have been based on actual monthly claims from the tutors instead of only a project paper. That is missing the point: the larger question is why should public funds be used to finance a project clearly run by a political party?

  • The Kedah state development office paid RM701,000 for various items: lapel pins, caps, billboards, to mark the visit of the PM and his deputy to the state; carpets and ‘timber blinds’ for the Menteri Besar’s office; filming equipment for the ntv7 crew. According to feedback, the AG noted, payment was made based on a directive from the MB. And filming equipment? The larger question that must also be asked is why should public funds be used to pay for equipment for the crew from a private television company?

There are of course many more cases cited by the AG according to this article . But I don't really like the intonation of it . It might sound bias against the Government . For example ,

RM4.5 million was spent to renovate the Negri Sembilan’s government guest-house for use as the official residence of the Menteri Besar. The AG noted, somewhat matter-of-factly, that the expenditure was not in line with the objective of the Fund.

I'm not sure about the objective of the Fund . But to me , a RM4.5mil renovation might be justifiable . The renovation might be necessary . I'm not sure about the condition of the guest-house , but yeah ..... it might be necessary .

The figures might seem huge , probably it is . Renovations up to RM 4.5mil ?!? It can buy u a proper nice bungalow perhaps at Seri Kembangan , Damansara .

I'm not sure . I agree with doing renovation works . But the sum is probably on the expensive side , don't u think ?


Anyway , it is for you to judge . I'm just highlighting some interesting reports found in Malaysia-today.net and I'm in no way supporting or against anyone , any side of the political arena .


A special thanks to Sheih of www.kickdefella.blogspot.com who has moved to www.kickdefella.wordpress.com . I saw my blog link on your site . Thank you for making our blogging arena interesting with your comments and posters .

Blogs initially have the special purpose of sharing what is on the minds of the bloggers themselves , what events took place which bloggers would like to share and many other objectives .

And that is what blogs will continue to serve as .

A Piece of My Mind was created to share my views on issues with my close friends and family because I know most of you are too busy to read about these stuff . And that is why I bring it to your attention here cause I know my dearest friends visit my site to read about me and my views frequently .

Well , have a nice day :) Will be blogging about my trip to Melbourne in Nov 2006 later :)

No comments: