The EGM is more popularly known as 1128. Indeed, the trio - Ong Tee Keat, Chua Soi Lek and Ti Lian Ker - have voiced out and said that the EGM is unconstitutional and should not be accepted by MCA members.
However, we cannot avoid asking such questions and till today, I have NEITHER SEEN NOR HEARD any leaders asking these questions publicly.
Now, here I begin to shoot and fire away so that MCA leaders, aides and supporters can begin to think and draft their strategy properly.
Let us not repeat the mistakes of the past where wrong and unplanned moves ended up hurting ourselves.
- What if the 2377 Central Delegates attend the 28th November EGM ? How do we interpret that ?
- What if the 2377 Central Delegates decide to vote on the 28th November EGM ? Can we use the 2377 delegates' decision as a sample size of the voice among MCA members ?
- What if the 2377 Central Delegates vote against Liow Tiong Lai's resolutions and motions ? Do we say "good. see Liow, we told you so" or do we say "Doesn't matter, it is illegal anyway" ?
- What if the 2377 vote in favor of Liow Tiong Lai's resolutions and motions ? Can we say that Central Delegates are unconvinced of the GUP and do not accept the Ong - Chua team ?
- What if the 2377 Central delegates do not attend the 28th November EGM ? Will Liow, Wee and Chew resign and accept it as a signal from MCA grassroots ?
Interesting and mind boggling, isn't it ?
MCA EGM II called off, fresh polls soon
So now do we praise, appreciate or criticize the intervention by DPM ?