KT remained as MB of Selangor till 2008. He led UMNO and Barisan Nasional to an election defeat in Selangor in March 2008. KT then resigned as the Chief to claim full responsibility, although he is still the State Opposition leader.
- the Oil for Food scandal
- the Scomi deals - KTM, RapidKL
- Datuk Kamaluddin and the nuclear fuselage
- ECM Libra-Avenue Capital merger
- Islam Hadhari
- Datuk Kalimullah who failed a Special Branch security clearance and allowed to be in the circle of power in control of the media
- Datuk Patrick Lim with the Perth home, Equine Capital, Monsoon Cup , Terengganu development, and Penang properties
- the Fourth Floor boys
KJ was in the news all these while for being involved with the Fourth Floor, ECM Libra - Avenue Capital merger, and many more.
KJ will need to battle it out and show why he is worthy of being the new UMNO Youth Chief. UMNO members will be evaluating KJ based on track record and his years as the famous son in law.
Being the son of former Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir, many expects Datuk Mukhriz to be like his father, or at least have the similar traits.
True enough, although Datuk Mukhriz was passed around the state of Kedah like a hot potato for the candidacy as MP in Kubang Pasu, Langkawi and finally Jerlun, Datuk Mukhriz lived up to expectations.
Given the bravery of Datuk Mukhriz together with the influence of Tun Dr M, he is now in the forefront of UMNO Youth.